This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Salaried yet not exempt Employee, not a manager

My title at work is a Mortgage Loan Officer. I had really no special training and no special certificates from my current employer nor in the past to obtain this job.
    Basically it is a Telemarketing Mortgage Loan Sales Position.

I am considered, according to my boss,
    A Salaried Employee at a little $24,000.00 a Year Salary.
    I am NOT EXEMPT nor am I in MANAGEMENT.
    I agreed to a work scehdule of 11am-8pm Mon-Thurs and Friday 10am-7pm
    About a month after I started working there My boss changed the hours of our operation. I did not agree with the change however I changed.
    Also:
    My boss also "REQUIRES" Many Mandatory Saturdays and
    even "Mandatory" STAY Later than our normal business hours Mon thru
    Friday. So any given day I could be there until after 8pm! I do not get
    any extra pay or overtime for this extra hours I put in. What rights do I
    have?
    Am I legally required to work these extra hours at my boss's WHIM without extra pay? or any compensation whatsoever, like extra time off during the week to make up for the extra hour here extra hour there and Saturdays?

I need to know my rights here. Please help.

Thank you.

Salaried Non-Exempt in California

While your manager can require you to work the hours, he must pay you for those hours, with the amount of pay depending upon whether those hours would be considered as overtime hours. You can read about California overtime at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X