X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LConnell
    replied
    Overtime

I don't believe that the travel industry is an exception to the overtime rules.

Leave a comment:

• jbhansell
    replied
    I am in ohio and the travel industry. I was just reading a section on the DOL website about this too.

Leave a comment:

• LConnell
    replied
    Overtime

For the most part, while an employer can require a change in schedule to avoid accruing overtime during a week, it cannot carry over to the next week. There are a few exceptions to the overtime rule for certain industries. What state and industry are you in?

Leave a comment:

• jbhansell
    replied
    private sector overtime pay.

I work in the private sector and our employer has declared that at no time will overtime be paid to it's non-exempt employees. If we are in a situation where overtime may occur we are to leave early or come in late on another day. It that cannot be done in the same week then we are asked to "comp" the time for the next week.

Can this be done?

Leave a comment:

• oldmanford
    replied
    Thank you for your help

Leave a comment:

• LConnell
    replied
    Comp Time

Thanks for the info. I believe that the website at the following link will answer your questions: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs7.htm

Leave a comment:

• oldmanford
    replied
    I work for the county, and based on the link, I am not exempt. Is there anything else you or I need to know.

Leave a comment:

• LConnell
    replied
    Overtime

If you are non-exempt (see the following link to help you determine if you are exempt or non-exempt), your manager cannot pay you comp time in lieu of overtime (assuming that you are working for a private sector employer). Check out the exemption information at: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/complian...a_overview.htm

Leave a comment:

• oldmanford
    replied
    Not sure what that means. I have been paid overtime in the past, though.

Leave a comment:

• LConnell
    replied
    Overtime

Are you an exempt employee?

Leave a comment:

• oldmanford
    started a topic Overtime Question

Overtime Question

I am a full-time, salaried employee. My employer has recently changed the way they do overtime. We receive checks every two weeks. I went into overtime last week (6 hours or so). My supervisor said that he will not pay me the time and a half, but that he will work me time and a half (for 6 hours overtime, he will work me 9 hours less) less that following week. How does this work? I feel that I worked 46 hours, so I should get paid for 46 hours. Thank you for your time.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X