This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still haven't gotten paid

My boyfriend worked for this construction company. The last check they gave him he requested a stop payment due to an issue with the bank. The check was returned by the bank and has now been lost in the mail. The company will not issue another check until they get the original check back. It has now been 2 months and they still will not issue him another check. We have made it clear that it is lost and even sent them a copy of the check showing a stop payment stamp on the front of the check. This is absolutely rediculous What can we do to get his money???? This is an issue in California.
    Thanks,
    oconnor

ripped off

My husband works for this AC company that is ripping him off. His boss/owner is a total jerk, yells at them every morning and refuses to pay them for the work they have done. My husband even wrote the boss a letter with all the jobs they are refusing to pay him on. My husband does NOT want to lose his job because he really likes what he does. Now the boss has told lies to people at work and lies about everything. My husband has all the back up proof and tape recordings of his lies. Another person at the same company is starting a class action lawsiute against him. This guy just thinks he cannot pay people and basically tells them well where esle are you going to go making the money your making and holds that over thier heads. He's a nasty man and only cares about HIS MONEY!! He owes my husband in the thousands of $ due him. How do I get tis S.O.B. to fork it over or better yet get him out there. There is no integrity there at all. Now the boss/owner has had a heart attack and tells his employees not to come with him any problem,quetsion anything. So how will any OF THIS RESOLVED???

Comment

Still Haven't Gotten Paid

This post is in answer to the first post. California absolutely forbids this practice. You can file a wage claim at: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/howtofilewageclaim.html
      Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
      www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Ripped Off

Where are you located? The approach to take on this matter is largely determined by state law.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X