Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Termination and two weeks pay in CA

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Termination and two weeks pay in CA

    I have heard from a reliable source in my office that tomorrow my bosses are planning to have a meeting with me tomorrow to tell me I am not working out. They are planning to say to me theyre gonna let me go but give me time to keep working with them so I can find a new job. I have heard that my other option is to (if I dont feel comfortable staying after they told me they want me gone) is to ask me to work one more week so I can arrange travel for my boss plans (I am an exec. Admin) and do one last project for him. If I do this they plan on paying me for that week and giving me two extra weeks of pay.
    Personally the reason it doesnt work out (or why they want to let me go) is because my boss treats me like crap and down grades me and doesnt communicate with me. The whole offic eknows this including the Office manager who is our HR person. But my boss is one of the Managing principal/Owners so what can I do.
    I dont want to take legal action like sueing him for calling me names like stupid and idiot ect.
    I just feel that tomorrow I should be able to say if your going to fire me and let me know that now.Can tomorrow be my last day of work. Or actually should I expect to get some kind of severince or paid since it's not really a two week notice?

  • #2

    Unfortunately, there is nothing requiring them to pay you a severance.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.