This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Law in Georgia

My employer has 2 office policies that boggle my thought process and I would like some clarification….

1. We have a rotating schedule that one week will be 6-3 Mon – Fri and the next will be 1-10 Tue – Sat and several variations within this rotation. What is the policy for advance notice as to what our schedule is going to be? We usually get about 6 weeks published at one time and do not get the next “batch” of weeks until the very last moment therefore not allowing for personal plans to be made for time away from the office.

2. With the above scenario in place, I have had several instances in which it was published that I would have a day off and then 8 days prior to such day I am told I have forced Mandatory Overtime for this day. If I was told I would be off, what avenue do they have to force me to work and tell me that if I do not show up I will be written up? The justification I get from my management is that “we need you to be here, ended of story.”

Is there anything I can do to get both of these policies stopped? Are they complying or violating any federal employment policies here?

Schedule

Unfortunately for you, Georgia does not have laws prohibiting either practice.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

If there is nothing in Georgia on this, what about other states? Anything that I can use to take to mgmt to show that these practices are poor.

Comment

Other States

I don't know of any other state off of the top of my head.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X