X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LConnell
    replied
    Texas

While Texas is not as "employee friendly" as some states, it does require payment of employees on a regular basis. Information about filing for unpaid wages may be found at: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ui/lablaw/wageclaim.pdf

Leave a comment:

• lizachang
    replied
    We are in Texas.

Leave a comment:

• LConnell
    replied
    Owed Wages

What state are you in?

Leave a comment:

• lizachang
    started a topic What should we do know?

What should we do know?

Starting in February, my husband is working as a hourly contractor for a very small company. When he first start the job, he asked the company owner if he can give him a formal offer letter. The owner said it is not necessary, and he will paid the salary 2 weeks a time. So far, the owner have not paid any salary yet. When my husband asked him, he said that the comany is going to close and he will pay my husand after all the projects are done.

I am starting worried. Since the company is owned by the father and the only employees are his son and my husband. If he refuse to pay, there is no evidence to proof that how long my husband has been worked there, although he filled in the timesheet everyday.

What should we do? Many thanks.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X