This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel time

I asked this question already but I am not understanding the answer . I work in Arizona am non excemt .I drive to work at a different location ever day in the city limits. I am required to travel out of town for the day on occassion.
    The company I work for pays $5.00 a day in town for gas. Out of town the company pays mileage.
    My questions is my employer to pay my drive time to and from and mileage to and from.
    Steve1

Travel Time

Your employer does not need to pay you for the time you are initially traveling to the first job and the time it takes for you to come from your last job to your home. Any time where you must travel between jobs, or between the company and the jobsite, must be paid.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Any traveling OUTSIDE your normal daily commute to and from work is compensable work time.

"Time spent traveling during normal work hours is considered compensable work time. Time spent in home-to-work travel by an employee in an employer-provided vehicle, or in activities performed by an employee that are incidental to the use of the vehicle for commuting, generally is not "hours worked" and, therefore, does not have to be paid. This provision applies only if the travel is within the normal commuting area for the employer's business and the use of the vehicle is subject to an agreement between the employer and the employee or the employee's representative."

Visit http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/workhours/traveltime.htm for more info.
      Sue
      FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Travel time

I travel to a job site every day from my home, I only go to the office to pickup and drop off supplies. I do tavel out of town about 2hrs driving time just to get to the job site and than another 2hrs. back to my home town.
        So the question is does the employer pay for my 2hrs. of drive time back to my home town?
        Steve1

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X