Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long before I can receive final pay on commissions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long before I can receive final pay on commissions?

I live in Alabama, but worked as an outside sales rep. for a company in Paramount, California. As of January 21st, 2005, I turned in my notice to quit, with a statement of commissions I'm due for December sales. The total amount was $11,887.21, todate I've received only $1599.66, leaving a balance of $10,287.55. The owner did not want a notice, so my last day was 1/21/05. I know the company has received payment for the balance of these sales but the owner will not respond to emails or telephone calls. What is the time limit for the company to pay me the balance of my commissions? What are my recourses if they do not pay me within that time limit? HELP! Thank you.
    Last edited by hershy60; 02-28-2005, 12:36 PM. Reason: to add date employment ended

Alabama

Though the company is based in California, you work in Alabama, right? You don't have a lot of options if you do. You can read Alabama's wage law at: http://www.alalabor.state.al.us/wage...__the_dept.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Intiate claim from Alabama?

Yes, I work in Alabama as that is where I live. I work from my home office. I sell all over the country, my biggest accounts being in Georgia & Texas. Zero accounts in Alabama. So, my claim would have to initiate from AL. then? Great, I was hoping Ca as I think I'd have a better chance collecting if I initated things from there. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Alabama

Yes, your claim will have to be filed with Alabama and it will fall under Alabama law. So, I don't believe that you have any recourse.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X