This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working 10 hrs and a row with 30 mts. bk

working 10 hrs. and a row with 30 minetes bk. in california. is legal .and forcing me working on my days off. I get paid but forcing to work on my days off is corret. also checking my file from 2003 how many days I was absent seen the day. he told me i has pay attention to my attedance. and I told my boss the was 2 years ago but he stil told me that. everytme I am absent I bring doctor excuse. but he stil told me that not good enough. and I call the main office and they told me. with 3 consecutive days you need a doctor excuse. but I told theme for one day he needs I doctor or some king of proof for one day. of absent

Working Extra Hours

Your employer can require you work additional hours, as long as you are paid for those extra hours (assuming that you are a non-exempt employee). It sounds like you are saying that your manager is requiring that a doctor's note every day you are absent because he/she believes that you have been absent excessively. That, too, is legal.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X