X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Labor Questions (Florida)

I have two questions. (Florida Based)

1. I am a manager for a National Quick Service chain ( One of the top 5 ).

We are required to work 50 hour work weeks. No big deal but we are only allowed to declair 9.6 of it daily for labor tracking purposes. Then at the end of the week when we send in the official time to the corporate offices we are only allowed to send it in as a 40 hour work week. My payroll check stubs only reflect the 40 hour work week. This is very connfusing and I can not get anyone at the Local or District level to explain this.

2. Once a schedule is posted is it permisable to alter that schedule. I was originaly trained that in Florida once a schedule is posted it may not be altered unless both parties agree and sign or initial the document. Also we are to retain the document for up to 12 months.

Questions

If you are an exempt manager, you are not entitled to overtime so the number of hours that are reported for you is not important.

Second, a company has the right to change its policy, absent an employment agreement that says the contrary. An example of such an agreement is a CBA. Florida does not have rules regarding the posting/scheduling of employees.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X