Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internal Position Posting Policy in Minnesota?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue
    replied
    Originally posted by Spooner
    The company I work for has a "policy" of posting positions internally, but only the positions they choose too. There was a position I knew would be opening up soon, this is a newly created position within the company, I had spoken to my direct supervisor about this position one week ago and he told me he figured it would be approved for hiring in 30-60 days. Yesterday the HR dept sent out an email announcing the hiring of someone from outside the company for this position. This is the second time in 6 months that a newly created position was hired for directly outside of the company's stated policy to post all jobs internally before seeking outside applicants. I have the most seniority of anyone with the company and I am also the top paid person in my position so when I asked my direct supervisor why they chose to hire direct without posting the position he said that he thinks "hiring "Bob" was cheap and I didn't know about it until it was done, I had no options". Is it legal for the rest of employees to create policies only to adhere to them when the company chooses? Discrimination?
    What you are describing, while "unfair" is not illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Spooner
    started a topic Internal Position Posting Policy in Minnesota?

Internal Position Posting Policy in Minnesota?

The company I work for has a "policy" of posting positions internally, but only the positions they choose too. There was a position I knew would be opening up soon, this is a newly created position within the company, I had spoken to my direct supervisor about this position one week ago and he told me he figured it would be approved for hiring in 30-60 days. Yesterday the HR dept sent out an email announcing the hiring of someone from outside the company for this position. This is the second time in 6 months that a newly created position was hired for directly outside of the company's stated policy to post all jobs internally before seeking outside applicants. I have the most seniority of anyone with the company and I am also the top paid person in my position so when I asked my direct supervisor why they chose to hire direct without posting the position he said that he thinks "hiring "Bob" was cheap and I didn't know about it until it was done, I had no options". Is it legal for the rest of employees to create policies only to adhere to them when the company chooses? Discrimination?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X