This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended due to investigation

I work in Oklahoma for an agency who provides services to the developementally disabled. I have worked for this company 10 years, and have worked the same shift and with the same consumer for 7 years of that 10. Two weeks ago i was put on suspension due to an investigation by the adult protective sevices, from allegations made from another co-worker of abuse by me to a consumer i worked with. I recieved a phone call from my supervisor today who informed me the investigation cleared me and i could return to work. A decision made independently by a district supervisor was made that i could not return to the consumer i worked with. The district supervisor has not spoken to me and i was offered no explanation for his decision. I was offered another shift schedule in another program working two 16 hour shifts on weekends and one 8 hour 11pm -7am shift on monday. This is not compatiable with my home schedule with children and no day care available. I refused the shift change. I would be forced to quit if this is all they have to offer me. I do not understand how this can be legal. What is my rights with this situation?

Investigation

I don't see any other options for you. If you were reassigned based on a criminal allegation that was later found to be false, you may be able to fight it because it has been found that minorities are disportionately impacted by arrests for criminal activites. So, an employer cannot make a decision based on an arrest without facing a possible discrimination complaint.

However, in your case, it doesn't sound like it was a criminal issue. If you were singled out because of a protected status, such as race, religion, gender, etc., then you could fight it as discrimination. Otherwise, you may be out of luck.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X