Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

comp time in lieu of overtime for non-exempt employee (FL)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp time in lieu of overtime for non-exempt employee (FL)

It is my understanding that under the FLSA non-exempt employees cannot receive comp time. I work in a private firm in Florida, so we are not state regulated because apparently government employees can receive comp time? My question is; can a non-exempt employee choose to take comp time instead of overtime he or she may have accrued. Thank you for your help.
    I just thought of this scenario though....we also have an office in North Carolina, I'd like to know if the rules are different for NC on this question!
    Last edited by k9s4; 02-07-2005, 08:45 AM. Reason: meant to include NC

Federal Employees

There are a few differences in the way employment conditions are handled between federal employees and private sector employees. You can read about them at: http://www.opm.gov/flsa/fact/fact.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Thank you for the link!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X