This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an anniversary vacation date

I just quit my dental asst. job after 18yrs. (with notice) I was told I would not receive my 3wks vacation pay because it was not yet earned. I started on July3 , 1987. I left on jan 28th,2005. For the past 18yrs I have taken my vacations at all different times because I had to go when the doctor went. So if it was not earned then why was I paid for it then. Is this legal? Thank You

Vacation Payout

It is legal. Your employer has the ability to set the rules regarding the accrual and payment of vacation, with exceptions for a few states, such as California and Illinois.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X