This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salaried comp time

I have a "Retention Bonus agreement" with a large company.
    The agreement provides for a large sum of money to remain until the plant closes.
    I am a salaried employee
    I have worked mandatory overtime for one year and overtime was a mandatory condition of taking the position and was paid per the company overtime policy.I have received overtime pay for my overtime per the company overtime policy prior to and after the agreement was signed.
    The agreement states that I will continue my employment with the company until it closes.
    The company now mandates that I will continue to work 12 hours on saturday and 12 hours on sunday which paid 1 x 12 for saturday and 1.5 x 12 for sunday for unequal comp time of one 8 hour day off during the week for each 12 hour day worked on the weekend.
    This is unequal comp time and when I signed the agreement the overtime policy was in effect and paid a premium for my services to the company.
    Now the company maintains that it has the right to change anything they want and I must pay back the retention bonus money if I terminate my employment. MICHIGAN
    Last edited by charlie123; 02-06-2005, 07:33 AM. Reason: correction

Agreement

Unfortunately, their statement is true.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X