Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

denied FMLA request Louisiana

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • denied FMLA request Louisiana

    Had a Stroke at work March 10, 2016, 3 weeks inpatient therapy, requested FML, denied, followed all time lines and procedures. Met with employer after released from hospital to return to work, April 4, 2016. Employment was terminated. Contacted DOL, Wage & Hour Division completed investigation determining I was wrongfully denied per FMLA. Employers attorney offered to settle, I declined. I now have limited time to FILE a lawsuit. My attorney has advised me he is not familiar enough to take my case. My plan is to file the suit then find an attorney. Thoughts?

  • #2
    Find an attorney, then file the suit. This is not a DIY matter.


    • #3
      Can your attorney recommend another attorney for you?

      I agree that you need to find an attorney. You don't want to make a mistake at the beginning that comes back to haunt you.


      • #4
        You need a labor law attorney. A randomly selected attorney is likely a contract attorney.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


        • #5
          time concern

          My concern is? can an attorney file before the time limit. I'm waiting on attorneys to return my calls


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cool Papa Brad View Post
            My concern is? can an attorney file before the time limit. I'm waiting on attorneys to return my calls
            That depends on how long it has been since you received the notice from the EEOC. If attorneys aren't calling you back, you should expand your search.


            The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.