X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurant claimed me for 540 dollars more than I had claimed. New Jersey

it was a mistake..problem will be fixed. thread may be deleted by Admin
    Last edited by ajaris; 05-09-2017, 08:20 AM. Reason: problem fixed

First step is to talk with the manager about the issue. Ask how that amount was determined and explain your receipts say otherwise.

Comment

I would check in two places with them -- (1) tips and (2) withholdings ...I suspect it is some combination of the two, but like the poster above said, it's best to ask them now.

Is the 1767 net pay with taxes and deductions already taken out or gross? Do you get cash tips and do you report them to the restaurant to be taxed? Or do they possibly estimate cash tips?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X