This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 2 years, employer hands me W-4 Pennsylvania

I currently work at (fast food chain)l. I walked in today and was handed a folder by my general manager containing about 30 papers including things such as behavioral agreement forms and many other things that all said to be filled out on the first day of employment. Most importantly, there was a W-4 inside, which my manager never had me fill out in the almost two years of working there. None of my coworkers have filled them out there either and when I have asked about it, including to managers, I was told that it was taken care of. I did file for taxes this past year and it all went through as if I had filled out a W-4. I don't know how this would be possible without someone filling out a W-4 form for each employee which, to my knowledge, is illegal. I'm really not sure what to do about this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by cbg; 08-17-2015, 03:27 AM.

If there is no W-4 on file, the employer is to deduct taxes at the Single, Zero rate. If this was done, then nothing illegal happened.

Obviously there was an audit and these omissions discovered. What you do now is fill out the W-4, turn it in, and stop worrying about it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It seems you received all the necessary paperwork to file your taxes. As noted, your employer apparently did deduct & deducted as single.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X