Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

California - Creation of anti-fraternization rule AFTER prior relationship establishe

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California - Creation of anti-fraternization rule AFTER prior relationship establishe

    Actually two things are happening.

    So P moved to CA and made friends with R&J (These are all girls btw and not romantic). P got a job working with R&J, and eventually was promoted to Management.
    Now the owners of the company are forcing P to sign an anti-fraternization policy if she wants to continue to work there and can't be "friends" with employees.

    At their other location, they flat out told my brother-in-law that the reason they wouldn't make him manager is because he's dating one of the other employees.

    How can this be OK?

    Employer forcing management to sign policy despite prior relationship existing, and telling someone they won't be promoted because of a relationship.
    Last edited by GimpyJesus; 04-22-2015, 05:48 PM.

  • #2
    It is legal because there is no law that says it is not.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      They might not believe it is fair but it is not illegal.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      • #4
        Agree with the above two responses.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.