This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shift pay employee. no overtime paid. Florida

I receive a shift pay to work. $50 whether I work 4 hours or 20 hours the pay doesn't change. However, if my employer feels that I haven't worked enough hours that day, usually at least 4 hours, they cut my shift pay in half and only pay me $25. Is this legal? And what should I do? They can fire me for anything and they would definitely fire me for rocking the boat. I'm just a bartender, so I'm not in charge of anyone or in any kind of management position. I feel that I should get paid the shift pay regardless of how many hours I work, and they should be paying me overtime, but how do they figure a rate if I don't have an hourly rate, but rather a standard shift pay?
    Last edited by takinitease; 08-21-2014, 12:54 PM.

Short answer is "maybe". This is not an external labor law requirement but a company policy. I have not read the company policy and FL is not a very good state to have a labor law problem. So I do not like your chances. Sorry.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X