Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer changed my time sheet to take out lunch break on short work day Connecticut

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer changed my time sheet to take out lunch break on short work day Connecticut

I work for a lawn company so I am on the road all day, we don't have a traditional punch clock we have a system where we type in our times and at the end of the week the boss approves it. Our company is a pain about 30 minute lunch breaks, 95% of the time I don't take lunch I just eat in the truck while doing paperwork or whatever. Nevertheless, I take the break out because I do stop to buy coffee or whatever. However, on Saturday, I asked to leave early plus it is a short day anyhow. I worked straight through until I finished my stops, my hours were from 6:30a-2:00p (7.5hours) Since I did not take a break at all and my shift was less than 8 hours, I logged it as such. Today I looked at my time sheet and found out that my boss had changed my time sheet and taken a 30 minute lunch out, which cost me a 1/2 hour of overtime.

This seems very fishy to me.. is it?

You have to be paid for all time actually worked + overtime when/if applicable.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I agree with Betty3. However keep in mind that if you are told to take a half hour lunch and do not, you can be written up or fired for failure to follow the orders of management.

Comment

I wouldn't argue with your boss, I would simply tell him politely that you didn't get a lunch that day and ask that it be put back on your next check. More than likely he just assumed you forgot. Or, as HRinMA pointed out, if you are required to take lunch and do not, you can be disciplined for that. You know your boss better than we do. It may be better to just chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Comment

Last warning, Nancy. Stop responding to dead threads. You've been told about this before - next time, your account will be suspended.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Will close this thread from 6-2013.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X