Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Lunch and breaks in general Missouri

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lunch and breaks in general Missouri

    I would like to know what I can do or what process that I could start to change the law about breaks or break periods. Some companies include them and some companies ignore them knowing that there is nothing that you can do or say to affect them. I have worked on both sides of the break-law enforcement. I don't normally request breaks when most people that I work with do. But when my random request is denied it really urks me. I had a conversation with my boss today that really bothered me. Today was one of those days that I just needed 5 minute and he told me I couldn't have one and there was nothing I could do about besides quit. It really made me want to do something about it. So if someone could tell me where to begin to start changing this I would be very grateful. Thanx

  • #2
    Since neither Federal nor Missouri law requires breaks of any kind, it depends on what you mean by "change this". If you mean, change your employer's policy, I'd probably start with HR. If you mean change the laws, that can only be done by lobbying your elected representatives.

    I suspect what you were looking for was a law you could invoke that would force your employer to allow breaks. Unfortunately, such a law does not exist in your state.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.