This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension followed by demotion offer

I was told I will no longer be a supervisor and then I got offered a position beneath the one I was in. My question is if I decide not to accept the offer does this mean I will be terminated or is it considered voluntary termination?

Not enough information to say. If you want to post more details, we can try again. And we ask your state for a reason; it can make a difference to the answers you get since Unemployment is state based and I assume at least one of your reasons for asking is for unemployment purposes.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And if you're not in the US, the answer will be completely different.

Comment

The IP address is in US but we don't know if that is state where OP works - I lived in one state & worked in another.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I live in Texas but work in Oklahoma. Basically was told I am no longer a supervisor and got offered a lower position. I was never told that I was terminated. They charged me of aiding an hourly employee to ride the clock when not at work.

Comment

Since they have a performance-related issue on why they are demoting you, I would expect the employer to appeal any full or partial unemployment claim as a "for Cause termination/demotion" whether they immediately terminated you or whether you voluntarily resigned due to the demotion. I don't see where it will be to your benefit to quit. If you are unhappy with the demotion, I would stay just as long as it took to find another job.

Comment

Agree. Your chances of getting UI benefits are better when you are terminated than when you quit. You can currently look for another job (if you want one) while you are still working.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X