X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eerelations
    replied
    Originally posted by Baby_booboo View Post
    Could I file a lawsuit against them if they refuse to pay me?
    Why would you pay money to file a lawsuit if you can file a wage claim for free?

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    You could file suit against the employer but I would file a wage claim/complaint form with your state "DOL." - copy in link. Please note the link says:

DO NOT FILL OUT THE EMPLOYMENT WAGE COMPLAINT FORM IF:
    You have filed a law suit against the employer for the same wage or fringe benefit issues.

IMPORTANT: By filing this claim with the Wage & Hour Division, you are electing a remedy which may prevent you from pursuing this claim elsewhere, including civil court.

http://michigan.gov/documents/cis/Em...e_212327_7.pdf
    Last edited by Betty3; 03-10-2013, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Baby_booboo
    replied
    Originally posted by HRinMA View Post
    Go to http://www.michigan.gov/lara. Click on the Wage Divison and there are links there to filing a claim for non-payment of wages. You may have to poke around a little but it is there.
    Could I file a lawsuit against them if they refuse to pay me?

Leave a comment:

• HRinMA
    replied
    Go to http://www.michigan.gov/lara. Click on the Wage Divison and there are links there to filing a claim for non-payment of wages. You may have to poke around a little but it is there.

Leave a comment:

• eerelations
    replied
    I'm not to familiar with this site, I thought it was like any other forum site. I don't want dumb answers.
    You don't get to dictate whether or not the expert volunteers decide to give you dumb answers or not. However, the more rude and belligerent you are, the less useful your answers will be.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Well, it is a little offensive to the volunteers when in their very first post someone makes it clear that they're expecting less than serious responses. Just sayin'.

Back to your question: which "place" did you call? The board of health or the wage and hour folk? And why are you calling? This is your girlfriend's issue - while it's fine for you to collect info for her, when it comes to actually making the complaint it's really up to her to do it. It's often not wise for a third party to involve themselves - you may have gotten the response you did because you're not the one it happened to.

(Yes, I noticed that you edited your post to now claim it's happening to you. I still have the original post.)

Leave a comment:

• Baby_booboo
    replied
    Thanks, just called the place.
    They told me they don't deal with this kind of case.

Leave a comment:

• Baby_booboo
    replied
    Originally posted by eerelations View Post
    You don't get to dictate what sort of answers the experts here will provide to you. Bellowing orders to people who volunteer their personal time to assist people with legal issues is very annoying and tells us you have a major attitude problem. You're just lucky cbg got past her annoyance long enough to give you a serious answer. Unfortunately for you and your 'tude, most of the experts here aren't as saintly as cbg.
    I'm not to familiar with this site, I thought it was like any other forum site. I don't want dumb answers.

Leave a comment:

• Baby_booboo
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg View Post
    She can contact the State department of labor about not being paid. The others are not employment law questions; however, she can certainly contact the Board of Health.

She should not expect to remain employed.
    Thanks, just called the place.

Leave a comment:

• eerelations
    replied
    SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!!
    You don't get to dictate what sort of answers the experts here will provide to you. Bellowing orders to people who volunteer their personal time to assist people with legal issues is very annoying and tells us you have a major attitude problem. You're just lucky cbg got past her annoyance long enough to give you a serious answer. Unfortunately for you and your 'tude, most of the experts here aren't as saintly as cbg.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    She can contact the State department of labor about not being paid. The others are not employment law questions; however, she can certainly contact the Board of Health.

She should not expect to remain employed.

Leave a comment:

• Baby_booboo
    started a topic My work not paying me on time? Michigan

My work not paying me on time? Michigan

(UPDATE + more info) I've been working at this restaurant in Michigan for a good month and a half. I was told I get paid every month from the owner. Looking up multiple websites on Michigan laws, I found out that you must pay on the day of payday (if its once a month). Here the link, http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com...laws/michigan/
    Scroll down to frequency of wage payments
    I did not receive my check on the date I was told I would, and on top of that they said " it could take another 2 weeks before you get it". Come on now I know they don't wanna pay me. How do I go about getting the money that is owed to me or do I have to suck it up and forget it? Note I never had to fill out any a W-4 form or anything in that matter.
    Last edited by Baby_booboo; 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM. Reason: Not enough detail
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X