Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I like about the "good ole' days". Back when there were no cell phones and only the exceptionally wealthy had pagers. My grandfather worked for the state and once in a while they'd pull that stunt with him. So when he had more than 3 days off, we'd either go fishing, camping, or travel to see family out of state.
    After all, if you lost your cell phone or left it home AND....they tried getting ahold of you while you were out enjoying your hard earned vacation, well, they can't penalize you for that. I know I really hate it when those pesky rechargeable batteries go buggy on me and I lose calls or....
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Before cell phones, my employers always required me to be at a phone waiting for a call from them during certain time, usually 9 am to 10 am every day of the vacation. It was up to me to make sure I vacationed somewhere that had a phone for me to sit beside an hour each day. I'd say it's lucky I don't like camping, however I don't actually know if I don't like it because I've never been able to go camping. I do like cell phones though, strange as it may sound, they give me a lot more freedom on my vacations.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X