Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

SC: Hours changed from 40 to 50 hours a week South Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SC: Hours changed from 40 to 50 hours a week South Carolina

    In SC is it legal for an employer to change an hourly workers hours from 40 to 50? I'm going from Mon - Fri 6:00am - 2:30pm to 6:00am - 4:30pm. Thanks for your help.

  • #2
    SECTION 41-10-30. Notification to employees of wages and hours agreed upon; recordkeeping requirements; requirement of itemized statement of gross pay and deductions for each pay period.

    (A) Every employer shall notify each employee in writing at the time of hiring of the normal hours and wages agreed upon, the time and place of payment, and the deductions which will be made from the wages, including payments to insurance programs. The employer has the option of giving written notification by posting the terms conspicuously at or near the place of work. Any changes in these terms must be made in writing at least seven calendar days before they become effective. This section does not apply to wage increases.

    (South Carolina)

    An hourly non-exempt employee does need to be paid for all hours worked plus overtime when applicable.

    It's also possible to have a binding employment contract or CBA re hours to be worked.
    Last edited by Betty3; 01-02-2013, 04:41 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.