This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comission sales

I work in cosmission Sales in Oregon, I only get paid if I make sales or they revert to minimun wage. My Question is, there are times when I am required to attend training , which requires travel and the use of an intire day. Which also means not being available for sales. I am not paid to attend these training sessions ,yet I am Told I can be fired if I misss or do not attend the training. Is this Legal? Sometimes this mandatory training occurs On my scheduled day off. I usually have no advance warning other than the day before. I also write training on my time card and write in my time spent on travel and class. I work as a car salesmen for a Toyota Dealership
    Last edited by rjphillips; 12-25-2004, 06:58 AM.

Training

You can be required to attend training of this type as long as you are paid minimum wage. And, while it may be a morale issue, your employer only has to ensure that you are paid minimum wage, assuming you are an hourly employee.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X