This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay by sales commissions

Can a employer pay based on sales commission and at the same time order to the employee to do other jobs not related with sales ?

This is a shoe store. The employee works a total of 38 hours, 30 hours doing inside sales and 8 hours stocking or cleaning the store. As a result the average per worked hours drops.

If this is legal, is this Ethical ?

Sales Plus Other Responsibilities

This is a common practice. As far as legality is concerned, it is only legal if your wage, post commissions, is equal to at least the minimum wage.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Temporary workplace

I install shower doors all over the city. I drive my personal car from my home to a parking lot to pickup a truck owened by my employer. Then I drive the truck from the parking lot to a temporay workplace. It takes an average of one hour. After the job is finished I drive back to the parking lot, take my own transportation and go home.
      I must be at the temporary workplace at 8:00 am and get off at 5:00 pm to complete 8 hours . QUESTION ? Is the time spent from the parking lot to the temporary workplace and vice-versa a personal commute expense meaning that this time is not included as work ?

Comment

Work Time

It is if you are required to use the company pick-up truck. If the company were to let you drive the pick-up truck from your home to the temporary worksite and then back again, it would not be considered work time.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X