WI. Former Employer question Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WI. Former Employer question Wisconsin

My Girlfriend worked for a local grocery store for about 5 years and was eventually promoted to a teller supervisor. She was a dedicated worker and helped them out as much as she could. About a month ago the bank that is inside the grocery store was hiring and she wanted to get back to that type of job so she applied and was hired. She gave her 2 weeks and finished up, the bosses, 1 of them is the owner wouldn't give her the time of day during her last 2 weeks. Today was her first day at the bank branch in the grocery store and the owner pulled my girlfriends new boss aside and told her they do not like her working there. My question is, if they make a big deal out of this and she gets fired from her new job does she have grounds to go after her former employer? and also is this considered harassment?

Thank you

My question is, if they make a big deal out of this and she gets fired from her new job does she have grounds to go after her former employer? No. Your GF is an "employee at will," which means she can be terminated at any time for any reason except a specifically prohibited reason (i.e., due to her race, gender, religion, etc.) Let's hope this doesn't happen but if the bank decides to terminate her to keep the store owner happy, they can.

and also is this considered harassment? Not even remotely.

Comment

Agree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If she does get fired then she would probably get unemployment. Which would be charged against the grocery store's unemployment account.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X