This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescinding of paid performance bonus :Georgia

I have been on some sort of suspension form work for two weeks now. The owners said I could not come back until we could sit down face to face and discuss things. They were out of town for 7 days and have cancelled the last two meetings. which means I am in some kind of limbo. I have asked three times If I still have job and for someone to at eaest call me and let me know but emails go unanswered. Anyhow I received a $500 performance bonus from a paycheck I got two weeks. It covered going above and beyond, putting in extra effort, etc. during one of our busiest times of the year. that was for work done 4 weeks ago. I saw where the owner ran payroll yesterday and my paycheck had a gross pay adjustment of -$500. I am assuming this is taking back my bonus form the previous payceck. I have asked what it is for and again no repleys. So I am trying to find out the legality of this. I don't think he can deduct from my earned wages to try and take back supplemental income but am unsure. Any help would be great!

It's questionable.

An employer can deduct for "overpayments" as long as it doesn't drop the employee below the minimum wage.

You can file a complaint with the state wage and hour division if you feel that this was done illegally.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X