Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Rescinding of paid performance bonus :Georgia

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rescinding of paid performance bonus :Georgia

    I have been on some sort of suspension form work for two weeks now. The owners said I could not come back until we could sit down face to face and discuss things. They were out of town for 7 days and have cancelled the last two meetings. which means I am in some kind of limbo. I have asked three times If I still have job and for someone to at eaest call me and let me know but emails go unanswered. Anyhow I received a $500 performance bonus from a paycheck I got two weeks. It covered going above and beyond, putting in extra effort, etc. during one of our busiest times of the year. that was for work done 4 weeks ago. I saw where the owner ran payroll yesterday and my paycheck had a gross pay adjustment of -$500. I am assuming this is taking back my bonus form the previous payceck. I have asked what it is for and again no repleys. So I am trying to find out the legality of this. I don't think he can deduct from my earned wages to try and take back supplemental income but am unsure. Any help would be great!

  • #2
    It's questionable.

    An employer can deduct for "overpayments" as long as it doesn't drop the employee below the minimum wage.

    You can file a complaint with the state wage and hour division if you feel that this was done illegally.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.