This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my employer make me work after only 6.5 to 7 hours of rest? Texas

Ok this is the case. Today i worked from 6 to about 345. my boss comes up and says go home and come back tonight at 1030. now my question is i thought you had to have at least 8 hours of rest inbetween shift and that they were required to notify u 24 hours in advance? is this corext or am i wrong someone please help me cuz im tired of getting ****ed around at work like this

For general occupations, your misunderstanding is correct; there is no such law, either federally or in your state. Just to be sure, what type of work do you do?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

construction pipe fitter in a chemical plant

Comment

I don't know that industry, but the only prohibition there MIGHT be are OSHA guidelines. Maybe, but not likely.

I recommend working the time now, then calling OSHA afterwards.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Is this a union job, where a CBA might be in place?

Comment

no union but i have eared osha does have rules aginst this kina stuff but i dont know where to find it

Comment

Call them.

Comment

You can do a google search & get the #.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X