This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California dress code for weather California

I work at an auto parts store in a small and currently snowy town. I have recently been told that we are not to wear jackets or hats in the building. Our work shirts must be shown at all times. But the fact is that its to cold in this warehouse building. We can only wear so much for an undershirt. We have a heater but it does almost nothing to keep us warm in a building this large. It seems to me it is often times colder then 40 degrees in the building and I don't see any other way to stay healthy without a hat or a jacket or both. And I just got a hair cut :^( I have asked that they buy me a beanie with the stores logo on it and they seem to have no interest in helping me out. I know they exist. I guess they are going to buy us jackets but who knows how long down the road that is.

So my question can the force me to wear less clothing then I should have on in order to stay warm? Can they fire me after four years because I perfer to be healthy by doing what I have been doing for four years?

So my question can the force me to wear less clothing then I should have on in order to stay warm? Yes.

Can they fire me after four years because I perfer to be healthy by doing what I have been doing for four years? Yes.

How about wearing long underwear under your work attire?

Comment

that can only do so much. Our coldest days are too cold for just that.

Comment

There is some heavily insulated long underwear - it does help.

The answers to your questions are yes & yes as Beth said.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by sfast36 View Post
          that can only do so much. Our coldest days are too cold for just that.
          Might depend on the type of long underwear being used. I have read of types worn in very cold places (Antarctica, Alaska in the winter) which would laugh at a CA winter. Even a CA up-in-the-mountains winter. The big problem would be when you came inside.
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
          Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Well, it does get plenty cold at times. Expecting any of us to just deal with it for 8 hours of the day is unreasonable if you ask me. I feel it would be a health concern. Also, it is not what I signed up for. They made this change the other day out of nowhere and I won't be quick to follow. And after seeing the reasoning for it, all I can do is chuckle. Fortunately, I don't really care anymore. But thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X