This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unjust or Legal? Michigan

Ok...Here is my dilemma...Any clarification would be most appreciated!

My employer required me to clock out and stay after work for my 90 day review. It was either punch out voluntarily or they would dock my pay unvoluntarily. I was told that they would not conduct the review on the clock...Being new, I did as told, but then was put on a 30 day extension of probation not because I was a bad employee, but because I hadn't been trained yet on all a the functions of the office (like that was my fault..NOT!) I am now supposed to have my review again, and they will want me to stay late for the review, off the clock...Can they do this?

My second issue...There is going to be a mandatory training on a Saturday or Sunday so that all employees can be retrained on one of the machines in the office.....The catch...This is required, to keep our jobs, but will NOT be paid...Can they do this?!?!

If you are a non-exempt employee, you must be paid for this time.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.pdf
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The real problem, which I think all of the responders can agree on is that bringing these compliance issue up to your employer could result in negative action being taken toward you.

I'm not saying don't proceed, just proceed with caution.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X