X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WorkHorse
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg View Post
    Contacting OSHA wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Good suggestion. Here's the link:

http://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/complain.html

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Since you're in Ma., another option is the Attorney General's office. They have a division of occupational safety that is responsible for investigating workplace conditions, health concerns & safety.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Contacting OSHA wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Leave a comment:

• WorkHorse
    replied
    Originally posted by frustrated_MA_employee View Post
    I'm asking this question for a friend. He works in the stock room of a clothing store. Apparently this store has a serious rodent problem. The manager, or an exterminator, has put down rodent sticky paper traps. The problem that my friend is having is that every day that he comes into work he is working right along side dead rodents or ones that are unintentionally killing themselves to get off of the trap. These traps are not in "out of the way" places, they are directly within my friends working area. He just described to me yesterday that he had to witness rats ripping body parts and skin off of themselves just to get free, then they unfortunately die. He also said that the odor from the dead rodents is almost unbearable.

I'm not going to ask if this is legal or illegal because I'm not sure if there would be a specific law regarding this. However, is this some type of health code violation, or reasonable working condition violation?

If it does not violate any laws, does any one have advice on how they would handle this situation personally?
    Yes, this is a health code violation and your friend should contact the health department and report this situation immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Could this be a health code violation? Massachusetts

I'm asking this question for a friend. He works in the stock room of a clothing store. Apparently this store has a serious rodent problem. The manager, or an exterminator, has put down rodent sticky paper traps. The problem that my friend is having is that every day that he comes into work he is working right along side dead rodents or ones that are unintentionally killing themselves to get off of the trap. These traps are not in "out of the way" places, they are directly within my friends working area. He just described to me yesterday that he had to witness rats ripping body parts and skin off of themselves just to get free, then they unfortunately die. He also said that the odor from the dead rodents is almost unbearable.

I'm not going to ask if this is legal or illegal because I'm not sure if there would be a specific law regarding this. However, is this some type of health code violation, or reasonable working condition violation?

If it does not violate any laws, does any one have advice on how they would handle this situation personally?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X