• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed At Work Place California

OUR WORK PLACE IS (deleted)
    I WORK FOR EXPORT SINGLE PERSON, FOR THE PASS 3 YEARS NO SALARY
    RAISE, FOR THE PASS 4 YEARS WE HAD 2 PERSON HANDLING EXPORT,
    ONE PERSON QUIT, COMPANY HAVE NO INTENTION TO HIRED, MY WORK PLACE IS HOSTILE & CAUSING ME TO HAVE PANICK ATTACKS, LOOSING SLEEP
    i HAVE MENTION MANY TIMES DURING THIS PASS YEARS TO UPPER MANAGER
    FOR HELP, I WORK 280 HOURS OVER TIME IN 2008, 156 HOURS IN 2009
    THIS IS CALL HARD LABOR, I TOOK 3 DAYS OF STRESS LEAVE FROM WORK
    AND OUR SENIOR VP CALL ME AT HOME, ASKING ME ABOUT MY HEALTH
    WHICH VERY NICE AND KIND, I SAID TO HER COMPANY CAN FIRED ME AND SHE SAID OH NO, COMPANY WILL NEVER FIRED YOU, UNLESS YOU QUIT
    THEREFORE I TOOK HER ADVICE AFTER 21 YEARS OF WORK.
    Betty3
    Last edited by Betty3; 02-15-2010, 09:23 PM.

I removed the name of your employer for your protection.

Please do not type in all capitals - on the internet it means you're shouting.

Did you have a specific question or questions for us - thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

That was not the name of the company, but the classification of what the company does.

An Ocean Transportation Intermediary is either an ocean freight forwarder or a non-vessel operating common carrier (""NVOCC"")
      They are the second one.

I had to look it up.

The OP needs to list more details so someone can advise about whether to report for unpaid overtime or not. (I think that is the question.)

Comment

OP didn't mention anything about not being paid for OT. (don't know) It seems there was a lot of OT causing stress/panic attacks & he thinks there might be a hostile work environment. I'm not sure what advice of VP he took - took stress leave or quit. We really need more details & the questions OP wants answered.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by AIKO View Post
          OUR WORK PLACE IS (deleted)
          I WORK FOR EXPORT SINGLE PERSON, FOR THE PASS 3 YEARS NO SALARY
          RAISE, FOR THE PASS 4 YEARS WE HAD 2 PERSON HANDLING EXPORT,
          ONE PERSON QUIT, COMPANY HAVE NO INTENTION TO HIRED, MY WORK PLACE IS HOSTILE & CAUSING ME TO HAVE PANICK ATTACKS, LOOSING SLEEP
          i HAVE MENTION MANY TIMES DURING THIS PASS YEARS TO UPPER MANAGER
          FOR HELP, I WORK 280 HOURS OVER TIME IN 2008, 156 HOURS IN 2009
          THIS IS CALL HARD LABOR, I TOOK 3 DAYS OF STRESS LEAVE FROM WORK
          AND OUR SENIOR VP CALL ME AT HOME, ASKING ME ABOUT MY HEALTH
          WHICH VERY NICE AND KIND, I SAID TO HER COMPANY CAN FIRED ME AND SHE SAID OH NO, COMPANY WILL NEVER FIRED YOU, UNLESS YOU QUIT
          THEREFORE I TOOK HER ADVICE AFTER 21 YEARS OF WORK.
          Nothing in your post indicates anything prohibited has occurred. Many companies haven't given pay raises for the past several (or more) years, nor are they required to fill vacant positions. What you describe is not a hostile work environment as defined in the law. It was entirely your decision to resign.

Comment

Agree with above. We were just wanting more details & to see what exactly OP's questions are.

"If" he did resign (sounds like it), he probably will not get unemployment ins. (don't get when you quit generally) but it will be the state's final decision.

AIKO, did you have any specific questions for us? Thanks.

Comment

After reading the OP several times, it sounds like he quit. CA has been known to give UI for stress related resignations.

But it is up to the state.

Comment

Let's see if OP comes back with any specific questions (ie re OT, hostile work environment, UI, something other ....)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X