Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California

    I have more of a question. I was once told that sometimes it's much faster to go through small claims court to recover wages. And that neither party can use an attorney. I believe that in California the max that a person can claim is $7500 in small claims court. Has this ever been done, and can it be done?


  • #2
    This should help you.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      It can be done but I would advise against it.
      "The most patriotic people in America are the working class" - Cecil Roberts - President UMWA


      • #4
        If you have a legitimate wage claim you should either file with the labor board or get an attorney to represent you. If you have a valid case, finding an attorney who will take it on contingency should not be hard, and attorney's fees would be part of the suit.

        Small claims court, while legally an option, has no advantage that I can see over either of these. It has a big disadvantage in that winning and collecting are two very different things. After a small claims court win, you are on your own to collect. After a labor board win, the labor board will assist you in collecting. An attorney who has won your contingency case will be quite interested in collecting.
        Please post questions on the forum rather than sending me a private message or email. That way others who have similar issues have access to the discussion.


        • #5
          Makes sense. Thanks all.


          The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.