Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

employee rights if employer registered in different state.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • employee rights if employer registered in different state.


    I am located in California and my ex-employer is located in Pensylvania.

    I would like to know which state's labor laws are applicable to me ie., which state's labor law employee rights am I entitled to? CA or PA?

    I need this information because I have not been paid within 72 hours after my resignation, moreover I have been penalized with loss of pay for certain policy of theirs which was'nt part of Employee Handbook.

    thank you


  • #2
    Labor law is generally a function of where the work was actually done. Assuming that when you said "I am located in California" also means that you did the work in CA, then CA labor law would apply.

    With regards to not getting paid termination pay in a timely manner, this is almost certain a function of CA law, meaning that you can file a wage claim with CA-DLSE.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    • #3
      thank you very much


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.