X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pattymd
    replied
    I'm sorry for your loss.

However, even though you may have had a very good personal reason for quitting, that reason apparently is not "good cause associated with the work" that would allow the state to grant benefits.

You can certainly open another claim and see what falls out; partial benefits may be possible, but there is no guarantee. You have nothing to lose by filing, however, but a little time.

Leave a comment:

• Denied Unemployement in Pa due to time off request for dying family member

Can anyone please tell me if I can collect umemployement while just having a part time job? I checked PA UEC web but it doesn't say specifically for part time only if dismissed from full time NOT of your own accord.
    My full time job told me they could NOT give me personal leave due to family reasons so I had to quit. They denied my unemployment by saying I should have found another "alternative" solution to the schedule conflict. My brother was dying in California and I needed to use my vacation time to see him as (I hadn't seen him in 10 years) and they denied my time off request . I quit as they did not offer me any scheduling solutions nor did they meet with me to tell me WHY they denied it. Unemployment was denied because I willingly left my job...but it was due to family matters out of state..
    So I have only been able to find part time work and didn't know if I should try to file for Unemployment again being that I am only getting 20 hours with this company.

Thanks kindly
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X