• Betty3
    replied
    wage claim form Ohio

http://www.com.ohio.gov/laws/docs/la..._COMPLAINT.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Originally posted by opivy224 View Post
    What form are those instructions referring to?
    Wage claim in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• opivy224
    replied
    What form are those instructions referring to?

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    http://www.com.ohio.gov/laws/docs/la...structions.pdf

Leave a comment:

• opivy224
    started a topic Boss is holding last paycheck Ohio

Boss is holding last paycheck Ohio

My previous employer is holding my last paycheck and ignoring my emails. Here is a quick rundown of everything that happened.

It was a small IT shop with <6 employees and, for lack of a better word, my boss was an (deleted) to all of his employees. He was constantly screaming and cussing at his employees for no reason. He would make us work 15 hour days and then make us come in the next day at 8am, etc. It was a very dysfunctional working environment and the morale of all the employees was extremely low. Instead of sticking around and being miserable, I quit, via an email which I sent to my boss, detailing all of the issues I had with his business practices.

I had a few of the company's items in my possession, which I shipped back via UPS with deliver confirmation and made sure they were delivered to his office. About a week and a half later, I realized that I still had an encryption key that I had forgotten about, which I promptly shipped back to him, again with delivery confirmation. It has been delivered.

This was about a week and a half ago, and I sent my boss an email earlier this week and he has not responded. I have the feeling that he is going to continue to ignore my emails and phone calls, and before I proceed any further, I would like to get some advice as to what options I have as far as leverage to get my paycheck back from him.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Justin
    Last edited by cbg; 11-12-2009, 04:03 AM.
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X