This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Uniform Law

I work for a Security Company in Florida and they require we wear a standard Security Uniform (all Black) with Tie, Name Plate, Badge and Whistle. I was wondering if the Company I work for is required to pay an allowance for the upkeep of the uniform? I also have to mention that the Uniform in Polyester to which I have an allergy to. Are they required to provide me a uniform that isnt Polyester?

Most employment law answers have two parts, the federal law part of the answer and the state law part of the answer. I can give you the federal part of the answer only. FL has a reputation of not having much in the way of state specific labor law, but I am not certain of this in your case, so I will let someone else address FL law.

For federal law only, there is no direct requirement that your employer pay any money at all on your uniform. The allergy does not change that. HOWEVER, there is a "free and clear" provision in the minimum wage rules that basically say minimum wage must be paid "free and clear" of any unreimbursed business expense. So, there is a possibility, depending on how close to MW wage you are paid that this provision might apply.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X