Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

My husband works out of town for months on end. Michigan

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My husband works out of town for months on end. Michigan

    I was wondering if there was a law that states how long an employer can keep you out of state working before bringing you home. MY husband works out of state for 3 and 4 months at a time and when he comes home he is only home for maybe 2 or 3 days before he has to leave again. Is there a law were he can come home before then legally with out his boss threating to fire him and thinking he can get away with it?

  • #2
    He has to stay out of town as long as his employer requires him to. (unless he would have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary) Sorry.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      There are no Federal laws and no laws in any state limiting the amount of time an employer can require an employee to work on the road. If your husband were to be fired for refusing, the boss WOULD "get away with it" because nothing the boss is doing is illegal.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.