Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

demoted and pay cut without write ups.... Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • demoted and pay cut without write ups.... Texas

    my husband has been demoted and given a paycut for an unknown reason. when he asked way this was going on his employer said it was due todisaplanary write ups. He has not seen any of these and whn he asked about seeing them his employer walked away. The last write up i recieved by my employer was given to me to sign and a copy was also given to me for my file. Is what his employer doing legall and if not what course can be taken.

  • #2
    There's no law that says that an employer must provide written write-ups. What the law says that is that an employer can reduce an employee's pay on a going-forward basis (not on hours already worked) as long as it doesn't bring the employee below minimum wage.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!


    • #3
      And as long as he wasn't discriminated against (given a demotion/pay cut) due to a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender).
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      • #4
        While it is certainly preferable to show the employee the write up, have them sign it and give them a copy, failure to do any of those things is not a violation of the law.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.