Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Company altering time clock Wisconsin

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
    Senior Member

  • Betty3
    Duplicate thread. (do not reply to - reply under Wi. labor law thread)

    qqhorus, I'm making this the duplicate thread since you have already gotten a reply to your thread/post under Wi. labor law - we don't want to have more than one thread going.

    Please, in the future, post your question only once. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:

  • qqhorus
    Junior Member

  • qqhorus
    started a topic Company altering time clock Wisconsin

    Company altering time clock Wisconsin

    I posted this in my state forum but I thought maybe I could get a faster answer here.

    I'm an hourly employee and I've been noticing that every time I stay late, let it be 5-10 minutes finishing up paper work (my boss tells me has to be done before I can leave.) I'd stay late a few times a week, and notice that the following Monday after time sheets are supposed to be turned into accounting (punch in and out via computer) that my hours have been cut. So the 30-45 minutes that I stayed late finishing work, I get no credit for. I asked my fellow employees and they said that they are noticing the same things happening to their time sheets as well. Is it okay for them to do this? Because I feel like I should be paid for the time I worked, not cheated out of it.

    Also if this is indeed illegal who can I report it to in my state. I've been scouring all over the net and haven't found anything.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.