This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Stuck NO PAY/UNEMPLOYMENT NO QUIT California

I haven't been paid for my wages that were due on the 15th. I filled out the paperwork with the labor board, but unemployment says if I quit because I'm not getting paid, then I will not get unemployment cause I quit. So now I am still working with no idea when or if I will be paid. House/Car/Electric/Etc. Payments behind. Called Sacramento Business License told no license, called OSHA major violations, Corporation license is suspended, NO workers compensation. Every Agency says the same thing, short staffed will get to it when they can. What happened to not letting Company's run illegally? By the time they finally get around to it I will have lost everything!

Do you have a question for us? We can't make things go any faster.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Sorry for the rant! Yes I do have a question, How do we fix this broken system?
      I thought these organizations were put into place to protect the employee, yet I don't see any protection? Why would any Company do things the right way, if they can run illegally? Can I put a lien on them? Can I go to work but refuse to do anything?

Comment

How do you fix the broken system? In the voting booth.

Why would any company do things the right way, if they can do things illegally? Because not all company owners or managers are crooks.

Can you put a lien on them? Not until you go to court and get a judgement against them.

Can you go to work and refuse to do anything? Sure, if you don't object to being fired. You might or might not be eligible for UI that way.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Nevermind Fired!

WOW! I WENT BACK FROM LUNCH & MY BOSS CAME IN SAID HE JUST FOUND OUT I WENT TO THE LABOR BOARD AND FILED A CLAIM FOR MY WAGES, I'M F***ING FIRED, I HAVE 2 MINUTES TO GET THE H*LL OUT OF THE BUILDING!
          OH WELL NOW I CAN GET SOME TYPE OF PAY- UNEMPLOYMENT.

Comment

You should also notify the labor board that you were fired and add that to your complaint, since it is illegal to fire someone for making a wage claim.

Comment

Agreed. And CA takes this more seriously then some other states.
              "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
              Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Also, NOT my area of expertise, but this might be worth talking to a local attorney about. Your former employer did something really dumb. It is actually fairly hard to "wrongfully terminate" someone, but your employer seems to have crossed that line. There is a chance that you have better options then letting CA-DLSE handle it. Especially with the mess CA-DLSE seems to be in these days.
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks ALL!

Thank you! I am in the process of getting an attorney. I heard they had someone go to the shop & steam clean it, then take away the forklift.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                  Working...
                  X