This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO in Georgia

My office is proposing a change to our current PTO policy. Below is an example of how PTO would work under the new policy: (Note: employees are allowed to work from home from time to time)

1.How exempt employees are supposed to take PTO time when they are out for an hour or two?
    • All employees’ absences from prescribed work hours must be recorded.
    • Example: Employee works 44 hours; takes 2 hours off during prescribed work hours for dr appointment. Employee must record 2 hours of PTO time

2.When exempt employees call in sick, do they need to take a PTO day if they can work it off during that week (Longer days or on the weekend)?
    • PTO must be recorded for sick time during prescribed work hours. This cannot be offset by additional time worked during non prescribed hours of the work week

3. When exempt employees call in sick, do they need to take a PTO day if they can still work at home?
    • Employee should not work while they are sick. PTO time must be recorded.

I'm sure this is ok since PTO is a benefit and not a requirement but I've been asked to give my opinion of the proposed changes and wanted to make sure it didn't violate any labor laws

Not only does it not violate any labor laws, all those provisions are wise business moves and VERY common.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
      Not only does it not violate any labor laws, all those provisions are wise business moves and VERY common.
      Ok - Thanks for your input.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X