This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company I work for is editing the hours i work Texas

I work for a fast food company, I have worked here of and on since january 2006, for a total of a little over 2 years.

Every since I started working there, the owners of the store have had the manager editing the time clock to make the hours of what people work match what they have written on the schedule...that means...if you are scheduled to work, lets say, 30 hours, that you only get 30 hours.

I have come in and clocked in 10 minutes early and left 10 minutes late to many times to count, and have finally gotten tired of this.

I have have started taking copies of my clock out reciepts (which we are not supposed to do) in order to have proof of this.
    I just started today which is the first week of the pay period, and had to work 20 minutes more than what I was scheduled...and I guarantee that I will not get paid for it, the manager will go and edit it to make it look like I came in exactly at 4 pm and left at 9 pm...

I work two jobs now and I am to tired to come in and work this and get ripped off for the pay, what can I do?

Go to the Texas labor board.

Comment

If you are not getting paid for all the time you work, you can file a wage claim with the Texas Workforce Commission.

However; if you are working any unauthorized overtime, you can be disciplined up to & including being fired for doing so.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And in the meantime, if you are not already doing so, keep a manual record of your actual clock in/out times at home, not using the employer's time or equipment; a paper notebook and pen would be fine.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I am not working overtime, and If I do not finish my assigned job i get written up, and that means I have to stay late often to do it, and not get paid for it.
          I will talk to someone about it, I wasnt sure who would be best to talk to, but I will try texas workforce.

Comment

The Texas Workforce Commission IS the place where you would file a claim for unpaid overtime.

We're assuming, of course, that you are nonexempt (generally speaking, paid on an hourly basis), otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. Are we assuming correctly?
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Well I am paid hourly, but this isnt overtime work mostly. Most of it is them scheduling me for 30 hours of work for a week. Then if I come in early or leave late they will just edit that out and make it where i get exactly 30 hours a week.

Comment

Ok, then unpaid regular wages. Doesn't make a difference; the TWC is where you go.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X