X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betty3
    replied
    I don't see this as a major problem (your boss wanting to call you on your personal cell phone) & would tell your boss you will certainly do as requested.

Leave a comment:

• The Masked Poster
    replied
    >>How do I respond to him w/out losing my job?<<

How about this? "Yes, boss."

It may seem unfair to you that your boss wants to call you on your personal cell phone, which he does not pay for, but you have to decide where to draw the lines in life and what battles are worth fighting. From where I sit this seems like a fairly trivial matter and not where I would want to draw the line, but you are not me and will have to decide for yourself what is worth fighting for and when to "bite the bullet".

Leave a comment:

• Beth3
    replied
    This is my personal phone, for my personal use. How do I respond to him w/out losing my job? "Yes, sir."

There is nothing unlawful or even unusual about the boss wanting to get hold of an employee outside of regular work hours should a need arise.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    What do you do?

Leave a comment:

• boss wants me to be available on personal cell phone off the clock Indiana

We are not allowed to use our personal cell phones while at work. But my boss got very upset w/ me when I did not return his call when I was off the clock. i did not get his voicemail. I was told to have my personal cell phone with me on my days off in case someone needed to get in touch w/me and i needed to respond immediately. This is my personal phone, for my personal use. How do I respond to him w/out losing my job?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X