This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss keeps changing my schedule after it is posted! Colorado

I'm currently appealing a decision made by my boss. Ever since filing the appeal my boss has been going and changing my work schedule after it's finalized and posted! The first time she changed my shift times and didn't tell me. The second time, she yanked me from working a certain day to allow another employee to work instead and forcing me to take PTO. I filed a complaint with HR but they don't want to get involved. Is there anything I can do? Is this even legal?

Who are you appealing to? Are you in union? Is the appeal in regard to something other than changing your schedule w/o notice? You can't be retaliated against for filing a "complaint" with certain agencies (ie DOL, EEOC).

Otherwise, this is legal unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA to the contrary & you aren't discriminated against due to a reason prohibited by law (ie age, religion, gender).
    Last edited by Betty3; 06-06-2009, 08:04 AM. Reason: add info
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

No I am not in a union. I work at a hospital. I don't know if this is just happening at the same time but it seems odd that after I file an appeal to a final warning this is happening. The appeal is due to refusing to follow a charge nurse order due to pt safety. I was on a medication that I am not to take and watch heart monitors and wasn't scheduled to do so. I came into work to work a desk job and 3 hrs later the charge nurse is forcing me to change my job for the day and watch monitors. I protested. I wish for something not to happen to our patients. It's all about safety. My boss gave me a final warning letter on my refusing. One more incident and I am fired. Since appealing my boss has been messing with my schedule w/o talking to me. I didn't know if a boss can just go and change someone's schedule after the final copy has been put out. I am now forced to lose the money I put in for my trip (which I arranged after seeing the original schedule) or not get paid due to this, when I was approved to switch my work days and that is reflected in my schedule that she changed.

Comment

It sounds like you did an internal appeal (ie to some one higher than your boss; HR.....).

Why can you not watch heart monitors while on this medication (ie makes you sleepy)? Did your employer know you couldn't watch heart monitors while on this medication & agree to this?
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X