This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3hour breaks Texas

is it legal for your boss to tell you to take 3hour breaks while on part time?
    isnt that like double shifts or something?

It's more like a split shift, but neither of them are prohibited by law for general employment.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

There are a very few states that have some type of legal interest in "split shifts". TX is not one of those very few states.
      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

evenif i only wrk 4 hours then take the break then wrk for another 3 hrs? cause she even adds 30min breakswhen we dont take them

Comment

Yes, even if.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

However, if you are being charged with an unpaid break when you are actually working during that time, you must be paid for it. That's a separate issue.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

so she can take out 30min breaks 4rm our hours come pay day even if we worked them...doesnt that mean she's takin money 4rm us,cuz i mean sometimes i dont take breaks cuz it gets super busy but she still puts that i do

Comment

Breaks are irrelevant. Are you being paid for all the time you actually WORK?
                The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If your employer requires that you take breaks, you must take them or you can be disciplined up to & including being terminated for not doing so. However, you do need to be paid for any breaks you didn't take & worked through. A non-exempt employee must be paid for all time worked. The main question is have you been getting paid for ALL time/hours that you ACTUALLY worked each day?

Thanks.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

cbg, Betty3, we may never know.

Comment

You think not!
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X