Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Employee did not pay earned leaves(accrued vacation) after resignation in California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Employee did not pay earned leaves(accrued vacation) after resignation in California

    I have faced a similar situation. My employer is an Indian based IT company, which has it's office in New Jersey ( The company has listed a New Jersey address on my pay slips). But I worked in California for @ two years(I have been paying tax in California). It's been 6 months after my resignation, but they still haven't paid my unused leaves(accrued vacation time). I read that California requires to pay employees accrued vacation time. Many people(including me) don't sue the employer because of attorney fees. Is there anyway that I can make a complaint more easily ( like some government's complaint forum ) ?
    I think the Indian based IT employers take undue advantage of such people.
    Last edited by pro1234; 04-24-2009, 02:51 PM.

  • #2
    Please do not post to long dead threads. It is very confusing for the responders when you do that.

    You can file a complaint with the CA DLSE.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.